♦ Festival of Stone Art Trail begins 18th May, see works by Duncan Elliott, Jitka Palmer and Phidias Neo-Classical ♦
Spike Island 2012
WELCOME TO THE FESTIVAL OF STONE
31st May to the 9th June 2013
A Festival not to be missed. See and talk to nationally recognised sculptors as they produce major works on Bristol harbour side, the 3, 4 & 5 day carving competition for 50 participants, demonstrations, lectures and master classes, street theatre, and hear live music from some of the county’s top artists. All culminating in a banquet for 500 with presentations, prizes, music, dance and auction of sculpture.
Whether you are an apprentice, a qualified mason or a carver, working for a company or self-employed, come and enjoy the inspirational atmosphere as an active participant.
This Years Prizes and Awards
- The Festival Award – judged by Peter Randall Page, John Maine, Ben Dearnley, Laurent Donnadieu, Trevor Dring & Elaine Marson
- The Peoples Choice Award – Presented by George Ferguson,
- The Artists Choice Award – judged by fellow carvers
- The RWA Award – judged by a panel from the RWA
- The Gibson Technical Prize – Prize – Tool voucher
- The Clipsham Prize – Prize – Sculptors block to be selected from the quarry
- The Crest Riverside Commission – Prize – Commission, stone and accommodation
We have just commissioned some beautiful trophies from Bristol Blue Glass, these one of a kind, hand made pieces are works of art in their own right
Masterclass Tickets NOW on sale
£5 each, please visit the Boxoffice
- Tuesday 4th June, 6:00pm to 7:30pm - Ben Dearnley
- Wednesday 5th June, 6:00pm to 7:30pm - John Maine
- Thursday 6th June, 6:00pm to 7:30pm - Duncan Elliott
- Saturday 8th June, 3:30pm to 5:00pm - Peter Randall-Page
Masterclasses are held in the main festival marquee
All attending artists are eligible to submit up to 3 designs for consideration for the commission to carve a work for public display at the Bath Riverside development.